Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Can't access LOCATIONS tab in SLP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hello,

I usually add new locations monthly using bulk csv upload (ProPack).  Last time everything worked normally (1/6/16).  This time (2/21/16), when I tried to click on the LOCATIONS tab (via wp-admin), it just sits there and eventually times out.  I can click on all the other tabs, but not LOCATIONS.  I have about 4000 locations in my database.  Plugin environment info is below.

I realize we are not on the current version, but when my developer tried to do this, he ran into problems.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Also, I couldn’t figure out where to download the current ProPack and EnhancedMap options from the SLP website.

regards,

Bob

===========================
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Store Locator Plus Version:</span>4.4.10</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Enhanced Map:</span>4.3</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Pro Pack:</span>4.3.02</p>

<p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>This Info Cached:</span>1456124112</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>WordPress Version:</span>4.4.2</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Site URL:</span>http://sonomacider.com</p&gt;

<p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>MySQL Version:</span>5.6.28</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Version:</span>5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14</p>

<p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Limit:</span>256M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>WordPress General Limit:</span>40M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>WordPress Admin Limit:</span>256M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Peak RAM:</span>45 MB</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Post Max Size:</span>100M</p>

Cici
    Keymaster

Your updates and downloads are under your account.  You should be seeing  “new version is available” under the Plugins on your WP admin panel. You definitely should at least be updating SLP to current version of 4.4.26….. Refer to the  changelog and versions for what was fixed or changed or functionality additions.

If you are being timed out look in the forums for suggestions (after updating, no guarantees when you are using older versions )  How many Locations do you have set to display in your manage locations panel?

If you search the forums using keywords you will find some suggestions and tips. such as:

https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/forums/topic/locations-tab-in-admin-causes-inactivity-timeout/

If you look at the SLP admin panel you should see the latest news and posts, Whenever there is a version update of the base and add-ons that are significant a Blog post will appear there.

ProPack version 4.4.01 is currently the latest version and it fixes some CSV lat/long imports and makes the import process faster as well. (read about that under the INFO and news on SLP.

Robert
    Participant

Hello,

We upgraded SLP, EnhancedMap, and ProPack to the latest versions.  Still having the same problem when trying to access the LOCATIONS tab (times out).  We added Janitor, but can’t figure out how to use Janitor to change any settings.  All it can do is reset settings to the default value.  It appears the default value for “admin_locations_per_page” is 5000.  We are stuck, please advise.

thanks,

Bob

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

OMG, someone was confused with results or they were working on a mega computer.5000 locations per page is NOT the SLP default, no wonder its not loading, the default is 10 locations per ADMIN page. That is how many locations you see to edit etc on the back end admin page. You might get away with 20 but not 5000.

Go to Janitor and under Settings scroll down to options_nojs and check the trashcan to reset option

admin_locations_per _page

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

AFter you use the trashcan go back and enter 10. It should then be reset when you reopen SLP

Robert
    Participant

When I click on trashcan, it still shows 5000.  I’m not able to enter data manually into any of the data entry boxes – they are all greyed out.  Is there someway you can take a look at our setup directly?  Happy to pay for it, we just need to get our locator working again.

regards,

Bob Greenberg

Robert
    Participant

Hello,

We upgraded SLP on our staging server and are having the same problem as our production server that is using the old version of SLP – can’t access the LOCATIONS tab via WP-ADMIN (it times out).  The admin_locations_per_page is stuck at 5000 and resetting with Janitor trashcan doesn’t change it (still says 5000 after trying the trashcan multiple times).  I’m unable to manually enter anything into the Janitor fields – they are read-only.

Any advice on next steps would be appreciated.

regards,

Bob Greenberg

Staging Server – bobgatpdx.staging.wpengine dot com

Production Server – sonomacider dot com

Images

1) Staging Server SLP Environment

2) Staging Server Janitor screenshot

3) Production Server SLP Environment

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

You can request Nxext day or 3 day email support from the developer  (you would want to include your site login etc…)

But first: try this again one more time, you may still be able to fix it yourself.:

1) Did you deactivate your addons before using the Janitor Plugin? If not it will juts go back ti settings.

Janitor Release details and some settings

:It is recommended that you disable all add-on packs before clicking the reset button on the Janitor tab that this plugin will add to the Store Locator Plus interface.   You can re-activate the add-on packs after running the reset.   While you can keep the add-on packs active, the add-on packs may re-add their options immediately upon deletion which can cause add-on pack interactions to behave differently that they do under a true “clean” installation.:

You may then want to delete the base Plugin and reinstall with the latest version , ditto with ProPAck

Robert
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for that tip – I didn’t realize I needed to Deactivate the addons before using Janitor.  So I deactivated ProPack and EnhancedMap, but unfortunately the result is exactly the same as before:  I can’t get Janitor to change admin_locations_per_page from 5000 with trashcan and I can’t type a new value into that field.  I guess the next thing to try is to delete everything and reinstall from scratch.  Will this cause me to lose all my locations?  Sorry for the dumb questions, but I don’t know much about WordPress or SLP, and am just trying to get it working again.

– Bob

screenshot: shows ProPack and EnhancedMap are deactivated (they don’t show up in Environment)

Attachments:
    Robert
    Participant

Besides using Janitor trashcan (which is not working for me for some reason) is there any other way to change admin_locations_per_page setting?  By editing a file somewhere?

thanks,

Bob

Cici
    Keymaster

Let me ask the developer if he has a magic pill or solution. Your staging site is basically a mirror copy of your production site so it probably would pull in all the bad info.

Cici
    Keymaster

Bob,

“ach”, as Bill the Cat would say, “hairball”

you discovered a bug. Lance has patched it and released Janitor 4.4.03 and  the base plugin SLP 4.4.27.  Please update and it should then  work for you, fingers crossed.

Explanation and short video by Lance here. SLP 4.4.27 and Janitor 4.4.03  I will publish a blog about it Anon.

Thnak you for your patience and I hope this works for you, please let us know .!!

Robert
    Participant

Awesomeness – that did the trick!

I upgraded SLP to 4.4.27 and Janitor to 4.4.03, and I was able to reset the pesky admin_locations_per_page setting with Janitor trashcan.  Now I’m able to click on Locations tab and it pops up with 10 locations showing.  I increased that to 100 locations, no problem.  Yay.

Good to go!

thanks,

Bob

Cici
    Keymaster

I “almost” was afraid to open this post….THANK YOU LANCE!
    and thank you Bob for uncovering this bug. I hope you have put a lock on that setting so it doesn’t happen again.
    Happy extra day!

🙂

Cici
    Keymaster

Bob,

I know it took a few tries and tricks, but if you are satisfied with the Plugin and the support and feel as though Lance  (and his serf…me…) deserves a five star rating please feel free to post in the WP directory for Maps by Store locator plus.  You can also get to the review page from your SLP admin panel as well, it is at the bottom of the first page under Info.  If you do not feel as though we deserve the best or second “best-est” rating (for the base plugin, the free version)  please send us an email when you have a moment and let us know what we can do to improve.  Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't access LOCATIONS tab in SLP’ is closed to new replies.