Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alex Bangle
    Participant

Hi I am working on a rebuild of our site and just purchased the premiere subscription so I can do a full setup of store locator.  However I cannot find how to export my existing locations from my previous wordpress installation.  On my locations page I only see an option to Import.  The old site is running the latest of SLP but the legacy add-ons.

From what I’ve seen the Pro Pack was what allowed the export but I can no longer activate the propack on my old site after the last update to SLP.  So how can I migrate my locations?  I’d really prefer not to manually re-enter our 80 stores by hand.  Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

All you have to do is go into your old site’s  account and download  version 4.5.07 of Pro Pack. That has Export included.

Export was introduced with an earlier version of  Pro Pack. I do not know which versions of SLP or ProPack  you had (Please refer to the Posting guidelines, you can provide a screenshot of your old site if that is the one you have questions about)

rapidrelease
    Participant

You say to download an older version of ProPack to be able to export? Well how does that happen? I need to export my locations ASAP, and the only ProPack you allow me to download is the current one with no export. Please HELP!

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok

I am confused now.

You do not need to download and use ProPack unless you are running OLDER WP version (Power requires 4.4 or higher)

I wasnt suggesting you download an old version of ProPack, you didnt provide your versions or what add-ons you had enabled or WP versions etc, your plugin environment,

, its up to you  either use ProPack the current version (4.6.4) or Power version 4.6.xx

Yes,  ProPAck was disabled when you updated  SLP to  4.5.08 ,  but as announced with  two separate posts in July there was a newer version and  it  only needed to be re-downloaded from your account.

https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/store-locator-plus-4-5-08-and-related-changes/

SEE  VERSIONS

BUT if you have Power on your site. then follow the export instructions. Go to Locations, Management/bulk actions see attached image

The updates were  announced back in July a few times, also forum posts and it is in documentation under FAQ

So you have two options.

1) If your site is NOT running version WP 4.4. or higher, download the PROPACK  LEGACY from your account, it will be version 4.6.4.  It is compatible with latest versions of SLP and can be used on older WP version.

2) If you have WP version 4.4 or higher, download and activate Power. It will auto disable ProPAck and the other Legacy add-ons (see the comparison chart in FAQ)  Then go to Locations Management and under BULK actions select export csv

I double checked your account .  You have all the Legacy versions of add-ons plus Power plus third party , plus experience add-on. The Export function in Power  is under bulk Actions.

Please read about how to export here

If you are saying export function is totally missing with Power and you transferred your site then you may have done something wrong and not transferred all the files,,, read here. 

If you have further questions or issues Please provide a screen shot of your Plugin Environment.  (see posting guidelines)

As far as moving between sites see this FAQ

rapidrelease
    Participant

There were absolutely no changes, updates, upgrades, or anything. Suddenly, we can’t get into the backend of the plugin. Thats the only plugin we can’t access. It works on the front end, but I can’t manage the settings. We have 1700 locations. I can’t even get in the backend to change anything. To define suddenly stopped working: “I was in the settings tab of SLP two days ago, then the next day, I couldn’t access it.” It just freezes up. I did a test to see which plugins are slowing the site down, and SLP is bogging it down, as displayed in the graph.  No auto-updates, nothing. Nobody was on the backend. Then suddenly, I can’t access SLP.  I don’t know what else to tell you.  Im sorry i am not speaking your language but your plugin is not allowing me access to settings. Every other plugin is working just fine.

After writing this I can get into the backend of everything except locations. This is what I need to edit. 

Cici
    Keymaster

Raoid release

Please ,  do not Glom onto others posts , most people do not have the same plugins, versions, configuration and other details that support needs to analyze the issues. You have not provided your plugin environment. Plus the other persons post was from October and all he was asking for was where to find new settings

Please refer to the Posting guidelines before posting and provide the info.

We are closing this forum since you have since started a new post that unveils your issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Export Locations’ is closed to new replies.