Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Store Pages Custom Changes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andrew8
    Participant

Hello we have a few questions on the store pages.

1. Because our store names are all the same it would only make since that we can chose what to name the pages. Currently you are just using the name, but it would make more since for us to choose between name, street address, or complete address, etc. instead of having business-name, business-name-2, etc.

2. Are we able to tell the system how to name the page? Example full address instead of business name?

3. Can we use a different page type so it is not related to the blog page type? Can we change or choose another page type that allows us to customize it much more?

4. are you able to make the phone number clickable. I tried [storepage field=phone type=tel] and that did not show anything?

Cici
    Keymaster

Here are some cool CSS suggestions and you can see the fields that can be changed

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/store-pages-templates-slp_pages-work/

and how to make the phone clickable and the shortcode for the SEO Pages

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/make-a-dial-link-phone-number-clickable/

More info, attributes Creating StorePages scrol down to the info for custom templates

andrew8
    Participant

I fell like most of this was avoided. We have customized the site and template to the max with uncommon tag calls and css, etc..

I want to know the following:

1. instead of the system auto naming the page via the “store name” can there be an option that allows us via drop downs (or something else) to customize the page name. example instead of “store-name” and “store-name-2” we could tell it to be “store-name-city” or “store-name-street-city”?

2. can you include on the page template an area that allows us to insert the short code field names for page areas such as meta title, meta keywords, meta description? You would also need to include those fields in the location fields as well to be edited, but I think this would add great value.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Andrew —

You can rename the permanlink endpoint (last part of the URL) to anything you’d like based on the WordPress standard page editor .   The default of using the page title as the URL is a WordPress default.    We’re not going to change that as there are other tools and plugins that do it; With Power 5.X every Store Page also gets loaded with a complete set of meta fields (custom fields) that is initially loaded when the page is created with their SLP field values.    That means any plugin (or WP Theme) that can utilize custom fields to change a permalink for a custom post type (i.e. Store Page) will be able to set this by default for you.

Same idea for meta title and keywords.    Now that Store Pages get those custom fields set you should be able to modify your theme or find a plugin that will do that for you.

We’ve not had enough demand to warrant putting these features in our Premier plugin as part of the standard offering.    If you feel these are important for your site we do offer retainers for customizing Store Locator Plus® and making these features part of a standard product release.    You can learn more at our Cyber Sprocket affiliate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.